Tuesday, September 18, 2012

19th September 2012

Dearest LB & GY,

Today, I would like to keep my prayers short and simple.
I've had a little bit of an eye-opening day. I've gone to visit 2 orphanages and their living conditions are very poor.

Is it .... I have some questions. Sometimes, I feel all sorts of guilty simply because, I know these underprivileged kids have not enough food to eat, no bed to sleep on, etc.... and I get to satisfy my hunger pangs whenever I need to, I have nice bed, etc. Especially with food. I even get greedy with it. I have a whole pantry and fridge stocked well with food. Of course, I am extremely thankful. But.... I also feel guilty. How should it be? Should it be like this?

I mean, there is no doubt at all that I feel extremely lucky and blessed for all the privileges I have in my life that is in abundance. There's no end to my gratitude and if at all, I've learnt humility and not to complain about the little things in life. And I think I still do sometimes, though I don't say it out loud and maybe that's cheating, but I'm trying.

I want to say a big prayer to all of these poor children. I pray that they stay strong, positive and I pray that with your blessings and guidance, they will get food, clothes and shelter. I pray for your guidance in helping me in my commitment to help them. Help them in whatever ways and means that I can. I really, sincerely want to help. I cannot imagine how they can live in those conditions. Look at me! I feel ashamed because when I first moved here, I couldn't stand the dirt and the floor and whatever else. And these kids have... not even a proper bed. In Buddhism, we believe this is karma. But these are merely children. So, again I need your guidance here, to understand, why. Why them? Why not me? How can I help? What can I do?

Please LB & GY, help me, guide me, bless me in this journey of mine to help them. And I want to help them sincerely from the bottom of my heart. Please bless me.

Thank you.

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment