Tuesday, January 4, 2011

5th January 2011

Dearest LB & GY,

Yesterday, I was confronted by a tuk-tuk man who totally sent my head reeling in annoyance. I had remained calm throughout the whole process and did not pick a fight. I was even rather proud that the first thing I thought about him was that he must be having a bad day. But then, it just all went downhill from there as I cannot get it off my head - just what was his problem, really?! Is this my lesson in patience? Is this my lesson in compassion? I want to scold him and tell him off too! That would've been easier. I didn't realize it would be so damn difficult to hold it all back and consciously THINK GOOD and POSITIVE thoughts. Oh my goodness...... please let me find peace. Please guide me.

Despite, I am still thankful - thankful that my short story has been chosen as a literature piece for university students. I am thankful that I am given the opportunity to shine through my writing. I am thankful for a physically-abled body - I can see, read, hear, listen, think, feel, love, run, walk, talk, swim, cycle... do as I please. Thankful that I have all the great food to eat at my choice. I am thankful that I have an abundance of money in my bank account and my purse. I am thankful that I have been given endless opportunities both in my personal life and my career. I am thankful for always, always being surrounded and enveloped in love from my family, my husband and my friends. I am thankful for my life.

I shall start off with a prayer once again, for mthe safety, health and well-being of my Ah Por, Por Por, my parents, my brother, my husband and my entire extended family. Thank you for keeping them safe and healthy and I pray that they will always be safe, sound, healthy and away from harm.

I pray for my husband's numerous campaigns and projects to take off smoothly and that he will find enjoyment in his work and absorb knowledge like a sponge. I pray too that he reaps the rewards of his labour and efforts very soon.

I pray for a smooth and successful planning and implementation of the project with Nagaworld and that this will in turn boost the wedding business for TWP. I pray for a successful meeting today with Chris and that the deal will be closed and it will be yet another smooth and successful project to further boost the growth of TWP. I pray for MR and the team at MR to continuously find great clients and all projects will be successfully implemented and executed and it will in turn enable MR to grow and expand. I pray too for NS to continue growing by leaps and bounds and that our passion and attention for clients will further stamp our reputation in the frontline. I pray for my partners at LF to walk and believe the same path as I do and that LF's venture into Cambodia will be a successful one which will spur the further expansion plans of the business.

I pray for the kids at the orphanage - for them to forever be surrounded by love and that they will grow up to be wonderful and inspiring people. I too pray for their good health.

I pray for my friends and my partners - that they will find success and joy in all that they set out to do and everything will go smoothly for them.

I pray for your continued guidance in helping me and guiding me to be a better person - one who is kinder, more compassionate, more patient, with good thoughts and always, always with a positive outlook and attitude. It is very trying but I pray that I do not lose faith. Please help me.

I dig deep, deep down within me - and I pray, I pray that the tuk-tuk driver who so annoyed me yesterday was really just having a bad day and that he will have a better day today.

I pray for peace of mind and forgiveness.

Thank you

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment